Microeconometrics; Industrial Organization; Applied microeconomics
1. “Estimating First-price Auctions with an Unknown Number of Bidders: A Misclassification Approach” (with Yingyao Hu and Matt Shum), Journal of Econometrics, 157(2010), 328-341. [PDF]
2. “Well-posedness on Measurement Error Models for Self-Reported Data”(with Yingyao Hu), Journal of Econometrics, 168(2012), 259-269. [PDF]
3. “Congestion with Heterogeneous Commuters” (with Zhixiang Zhang), Economic Modelling, 29(2012), 557-565. [PDF]
4. “Health Spending and Public Pension: Evidence from Panel Data” (with Kai Zhao and Rong Zhou), Applied Economics, 48(2016), 987-1004. [PDF]
5. "Semiparametric Estimation of Partially Linear Varying Coefficient Panel Data Models" (with Cheng Hsiao and Dong Li), Advances in Econometrics, 36 (2016), 47-65. [PDF]
6. "Identification and Estimation of Online Price Competition with an Unknown Number of Firms" (with Michael R. Baye, Yingyao Hu, John Morgan and Matt Shum), Journal of Applied Econometrics, 32(2017), 80-102. [PDF] [ Supplementary Material]
7. "Identifying Models of Committee Decisions with Heterogeneous Tastes and Ideological Bias" (with Xun Tang), forthcoming, Journal of Business & Economic Statistics. [PDF]
8. “Identification of First-Price Auctions with Non-Equilibrium Beliefs: A Measurement Error Approach”, forthcoming, Journal of Econometrics. [PDF] [Online Appendix]
9. "Dynamic Efficiencies of the 1997 Boeing-McDonnell Douglas Merger" (with Wei Zhao), Revised and Resubmitted to RAND Journal of Economics. [PDF] [Online Appendix]
10. “Agenda Manipulation and Policymaking under Media Bias” (with Weining Bao and Jian Ni), Revised and Resubmitted to Management Science. [PDF]
11. “Specification and Negotiation in Incomplete Contracts" (with Xun Tang), R&R at RAND Journal of Economics. [PDF] [Online Appendix]
12. "Econometrics of Multi-Period Simple Contracts" (with Shengjie Hong and Daiqiang Zhang).
13. “Estimating Private Provision of Public Goods with Heterogenous Participants: A Structural Analysis" (with Yingyao Hu and Pengfei Liu), Submitted. [PDF]
14. "Simple Menus of Cost-based Contracts with General Cost Structures" (with Daiqiang Zhang), Submitted. [PDF]
15. "Your American Dream is Not Mine! A New Approach to Estimate Intergenerational Mobility Elasticities" (with Le Wang and Ruli Xiao), Submitted. [PDF].
16. “Identifiability and Inference of Hidden Markov Models” (with Yingyao Hu and Matt Shum). [PDF]
17. “Assurance Contract in Threshold Public Goods Provision with Incomplete Information" (with Zhi Li and Pengfei Liu), coming soon.
18. "Dynamic Decisions under Subjective Beliefs: A Structural Analysis" (with Yingyao Hu and Ruli Xiao), coming soon.
19. "Who Pays for WIC's Formula? A Structural Analysis of the US Infant Formula Market" (with David Davis, Rui Huang, Yizao Liu and Ruli Xiao), coming soon.
WORK IN PROGRESS
1. “How Likely to Be Caught: Identification and Estimation of Strategic Misreporting" (with Shengjie Hong and Ping Qian).
2. “Dynamic Models with Unobserved State Variables and Heterogeneity: Time Inconsistency in Drug Compliance” (with Yingyao Hu and Jian Ni).
1. "Counterintuitive Signs in Reduced Form Price Regressions" (with Michael A. William and Wei Zhao), American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law, Economics Committee Newsletter, 16 (2016), 7-19. [PDF]