Microeconometrics; Industrial Organization; Applied microeconomics
10. "Dynamic Efficiencies of the 1997 Boeing-McDonnell Douglas Merger" (with Wei Zhao), forthcoming, RAND Journal of Economics. [PDF] [Online appendix]
9. “Specification and Negotiation in Incomplete Contracts" (with Xun Tang), RAND Journal of Economics, 50(2019), 57-92. [PDF] [Online Appendix]
8. “Estimating Private Provision of Public Goods with Heterogenous Participants: A Structural Analysis" (with Yingyao Hu and Pengfei Liu), Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 152 (2018), 124-146. [PDF]
7. "Simple Menus of Cost-based Contracts with Monotone Optimal Effort" (with Daiqiang Zhang), Journal of Public Economic Theory, 20 (2018), 742-756. [PDF]
6. “Identification of First-Price Auctions with Non-Equilibrium Beliefs: A Measurement Error Approach”, Journal of Econometrics, 200 (2017), 326-343. [PDF] [Online Appendix]
5. "Identifying Models of Committee Decisions with Heterogeneous Tastes and Ideological Bias" (with Xun Tang), Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, 35(2017), 452-469. [PDF]
4. "Identification and Estimation of Online Price Competition with an Unknown Number of Firms" (with Michael R. Baye, Yingyao Hu, John Morgan and Matt Shum), Journal of Applied Econometrics, 32(2017), 80-102. [PDF] [ Supplementary Material]
3. “Health Spending and Public Pension: Evidence from Panel Data” (with Kai Zhao and Rong Zhou), Applied Economics, 48(2016), 987-1004. [PDF]
2. “Well-posedness on Measurement Error Models for Self-Reported Data”(with Yingyao Hu), Journal of Econometrics, 168(2012), 259-269. [PDF]
1. “Estimating First-price Auctions with an Unknown Number of Bidders: A Misclassification Approach” (with Yingyao Hu and Matt Shum), Journal of Econometrics, 157(2010), 328-341. [PDF]
1. "Dynamic Decisions under Subjective Expectations: A Structural Analysis" (with Yingyao Hu and Ruli Xiao), Revised and Resbumitted to Journal of Econometrics. [PDF]
2. "Identification and Estimation of Multi-Period Simple Contracts" (with Shengjie Hong and Daiqiang Zhang). [PDF]
3. "Your American Dream is Not Mine! A New Approach to Estimate Intergenerational Mobility Elasticities" (with Le Wang and Ruli Xiao), Submitted. [PDF].
4. “Assurance Contract in Threshold Public Goods Provision with Incomplete Information" (with Zhi Li and Pengfei Liu), Best Poster Award at 2016 EAERE Annual Conference.
5. "Government Procurement, Market Power and Consumer Welfare: Empirical Evidence from the Infant Formula Market" (with David Davis, Rui Huang, Yizao Liu and Ruli Xiao).
7. “Agenda Manipulation and Policymaking under Media Bias” (with Weining Bao and Jian Ni). [PDF]
8. “Identifiability and Inference of Hidden Markov Models” (with Yingyao Hu and Matt Shum). [PDF]
WORK IN PROGRESS
1. “How Likely to Be Caught: Identification and Estimation of Strategic Misreporting" (with Shengjie Hong and Ping Qian).
2. “Dynamic Models with Unobserved State Variables and Heterogeneity: Time Inconsistency in Drug Compliance” (with Yingyao Hu and Jian Ni).
1. "Counterintuitive Signs in Reduced Form Price Regressions" (with Michael A. William and Wei Zhao), American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law, Economics Committee Newsletter, 16 (2016), 7-19. [PDF]